Monday 5 January 2015

Melody Mondays: Bedouin Soundclash

This is a song that when I started listening to it recently I couldn't help but think that I've heard it before.  Truthfully, I may have heard it long ago but I'll really never be able to say for sure.  This is a Canadian band from Toronto and it's quite possible I'm the last to hear about them and this song because they've been active since around 2001 (You might know the songs "Elongo", "Walls Fall Down" and "When the Night Feels my Song").  Their music is the sort you'd find yourself listening to while bike riding on a sunny morning, across the pier.  The air is fresh, especially because it's early enough that there is little noise polluting your surroundings.  It's pretty fantastic.


This particular song is one I'd describe with a different vibe.  I close my eyes and like to imagine myself at a bar or at a friend's party where I don't know anybody and I make an instant connection from across the room with someone.  Some call it a 'spark'.  

Brutal Hearts, the song is called.  And I can't stop listening to it.  

Pleasantly yours,
Bart  

No comments:

Post a Comment