Saturday 22 November 2014

Guilt-free Cookie Dough Balls

This is a spin off my candy bar recipe.  I didn't have raw cashews nor did I have the urge to walk in the treacherous cold to the supermarket to pick some up.  I did however have a baggie full of my FAVOURITE NUT EVER - them macadamia nuts.  

I stuck them in my food processor till they became a paste, added dates to sweeten, some cinnamon and salt for flavour.  After I finished blending, I sprinkled in some cacao nibs for that choco chip crunch.  Très facile!

Ingredients:

  • As many macadamia nuts as you can fit in your food processor 
  • Medjool or honey dates, about 3 or 4, depending on how many nuts you use.
  • 1 tspn of cinnamon 
  • 1/2 tspn of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
  • As many cacao nibs to your liking 


*This mixture turned out a little more liquid than my cashew version so bars didn't seem practical, however, they made the most perfect ball shape.

Enjoy!


Pleasantly yours,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment