Sunday 23 November 2014

Carrot Tuna Avocado and Pear Salad

My morning was one of those mornings you might be able to relate to.  It was one of those mornings where I was just so busy that I kind of forgot to prioritize feeding myself.  So by the time I got around to food, glorious food, it was already lunch time.

I came up with this improvised salad using the minimal ingredients I had in my fridge and cupboards. 

I'm not exactly what you would call a seafood fan.  I don't like fancy fish, crab, lobster, oysters or octopus (gross).  However, I do like sushi and I really like salmon and tuna.  I usually refrain from eating things out of a can because of all the excess sodium, but there is this one brand of tuna soaked in olive oil that is probably one of my favourite foods.  I'm not a crazy carnivorous eater, but this stuff I could eat like chocolate.  

I started with the tuna (looks appetizing...), then I found a potato peeler and used it on a carrot to get these long and thin ribbons.  Then I cut half an avocado, mango-style, and sliced up some pear.  I then added aged cheddar because I'm of the belief that cheese makes the world go round.  (Another reason why I couldn't be vegan)


Ingredients: 

  • 1 can Rio Mare Tuna in Olive Oil
  • 1/2 to 1 carrot (I found that only a few shavings of the carrot was enough)
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1/2 a pear 
  • 1 tbsn of shredded aged cheddar
Quick and easy - my kind of meal



Colourful too!

Pleasantly yours,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment