Sunday 15 February 2015

Coconut Milk Oatmeal

I had big plans for oatmeal last weekend.  So big that I made it my dinner.  Now don't act like you've never had breakfast for dinner before and admit it, wasn't it the greatest thing ever?  This idea spurred from some leftover coconut milk I had from a samoa bar recipe I tried.  I had never tried coconut milk before and naturally I was overwhelmed by the delicious-ness.  So my next thought was "hey...this would taste amazing in oatmeal!"  

Regular oatmeal cooking rules apply -

Instead of water, pour 1 cup coconut milk into a saucepan (add a pinch of salt while you're at it) and bring it to a boil.  Stir in the oats (heaping 1/2 cup, maybe a little more) and let cook for 5-10 minutes, depending on how you like the consistency of your oatmeal.  Voila! Done!

As for the toppings, that's left to your creativity.  In my bowl of oatmeal, I put in:
  • pomegranate seeds (major YES)
  • homemade almond butter I made in my food processor earlier that week
  • medjool dates 
  • macadamia nuts
  • pieces of dark chocolate
  • scoop of hemp hearts


Maybe I added a little too many different flavours of tasty foods.  I just got excited.  It was amazing though

Pleasantly yours,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment